Paul Ferguson has two selections for us on Saturday; Meganisi in the 2.20 (Font) and Yes Way Hosay in the 2.45 (Gow P). Compare odds and bet.
Rebecca Curtis and Tony McCoy teamed up to provide us with an impressive winner yesterday, courtesy of Rendl Beach who won the concluding contest at Fontwell, and the pair can strike in the opener at the West Sussex track this afternoon with Meganisi (2:20).
The five-year-old was hugely impressive when getting off the mark over hurdles at the second time of asking at Wincanton in May, where he won by 17 lengths on heavy ground.
Since then, he finished runner-up in the Listed Aston Park Stakes on the Flat at Newbury before disappointing behind Tominator at Chester last month. The ground was probably too lively for the son of Galileo that day and he can return to winning ways today, with the easier ground and the step up in trip in his favour.
Over at Gowran Park the former Champion Chase winner Sizing Europe returns to action in the PWC Champion Chase, while the ex-Nicky Henderson trained Mossley makes his debut for Robbie Hennessy in the 3m handicap hurdle off a lenient looking mark of 139.
Earlier on the card Yes Way Hosay (2:45) is fancied to make a winning hurdles debut in the 2m4f maiden for Roy Wilson, who sends his six-year-old on a 630 km round trip.
A former points winner, the chestnut made a winning rules debut when staying on stoutly to land a soft ground Wexford bumper last October. He showed that day he goes well fresh and he proved that again when he finished fifth in the Champion Bumper at Cheltenham on his only start since.
He proved he handles good ground that day too, as he did when winning his point by 15 lengths, and he shaped as though he would appreciate this 2m4f trip now he goes hurdling. He finished a nose ahead of The New One, who bolted up at Newton Abbot on Monday, and he can score for the County Antrim handler.
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)