Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Friday; Rival D’Estruval in the 5.00 at Carlisle. Compare odds and bet.
Carlisle stages a cracking card to get us ready for the weekend and the best race on the card is without doubt the 2m4f novices’ chase, which features seven runners of which six have very good hurdles form.
Likely favourite Attaglance won handicaps at Cheltenham and Aintree last spring so is the pick of these over timber but, with the advantage of having had one run over fences last back-end, preference is for Rival D’Estruval (5:00).
A rather raw individual, it is hoped that he has strengthened up again over the summer as he has plenty of scope to make his mark as a chaser and the form of his Ayr second reads really well.
Runner-up to the smart Pacha Du Polder, the seven-year-old finished 16-lengths clear of the 144-rated Lidar in the Grade 2 Future Champion Novices’ Chase in April. He looked a sure-fire future winner over fences that day and, though this is no easy task, he is given the nod at the likely prices.
5:00 Carlisle Rival D’Estruval (7/2)
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)