Paul Ferguson has two selections from Aintree for us on Sunday; Vendor at 1.10 and Clondaw Kaempfer at 4.00. Compare odds and bet.
Alan King has his string in good order at the start of the campaign and he can take Aintree’s opener with Vendor (1:10) who should appreciate the step up to 2m4f.
The grey was a beaten favourite in the Fred Winter at Cheltenham on just his second start in Britain (had won at Newbury on debut) where he ran on as if crying out for an extra half-mile.
The four-year-old signed off with a win in a minor event at Towcester in April and appeals as the type to have improved considerably for another summer under his belt. He kicks off the season on a mark of 136 and it will be disappointing if he can’t rate much higher by the end of the campaign.
Robert Thornton’s mount was trading at 11/8 at Stan James on Sunday Morning and, while that seemed tight enough in a 12-runner handicap, it is worth taking.
Later on the card Donald McCain can take the novice hurdle with Irish bumper winner Clondaw Kaempfer (4:00) who cost £130,000 at the Cheltenham sales in April.
Placed in two points, he won a Fairyhouse bumper in taking fashion on his debut under rules, beating The Liquidator (since bought for £100,000 and now with David Pipe) and the well-regarded Nicky Henderson trained Snake Eyes.
The step up to 2m4f ought to be ideal for the son of Oscar, who should also relish the decent ground. This looks an interesting little race, despite the fact that only five go to post, but conditions look right for Tim Leslie’s four-year-old to make a winning debut.
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)