Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Monday; Hidden Cyclone in the 13:25 at Naas. Compare odds and bet.
The hurdling debut of Tominator is the highlight at Bangor-On-Dee today and there are several exciting prospects on show at both meetings over in Ireland.
The beginners chase at Galway is a cracking contest (3:35) and should be watched closely with the future in mind, while the exciting filly Fickle Fortune returns in the concluding bumper.
The beginners chase at Naas is another decent contest, as is the opening maiden hurdle where Jezki takes on Ally Cascade, but the day’s selection comes in the shape of Hidden Cyclone (1:25) in the 2m chase.
Despite the fact that the trip is shorter than ideal, Shark Hanlon’s stable-star is taken to make a winning reappearance before going on to bigger and better things. The seven-year-old is one from two over fences and hasn’t been seen since finishing a close third to Sir Des Champs at Leopardstown in January.
Available at 6/5 (Bet365) on Monday morning, the son of Stowaway remains a hugely exciting prospect and it wouldn’t be a surprise to see him aimed at something like the Hennessy Gold Cup if all went well here.
I’ve got a couple of days off, but my column will return on Thursday. While I’m away the following horses have caught my eye at entry stage (obviously they’re not certain starters): Nicky Henderson’s grey Molotof holds an entry in the novices’ chase at Taunton on Tuesday and looks the type to make an impact over fences, while over at Punchestown on Wednesday there are several interesting entrants in the 2m4f beginners chase; Sword Of Destiny and Buckers Bridge are both smart prospects bred for the job, while high-class hurdler Oscars Well (also entered in the 2m event, so could avoid a clash) is another eye-catcher.
I’ll be back on Thursday.
1:25 Naas: Hidden Cyclone (6/5 Bet365)
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)