Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Tuesday; Utopian in the 2.00 at Lingfield Park. Compare odds and bet.
The extended 2m3f novices’ hurdle at Lingfield looks the race of the day on Tuesday, with several promising sorts clashing in a contest that should throw up plenty of future winners.
Dunlough Bay and Johnny Red have shown enough to suggest they can win over hurdles, in one start over timber each, but they face three exciting debutants here and it will be slightly surprising if one of this trio doesn’t prove good enough.
Oscar Magic was a smart bumper performer the season before last, beating the useful Tour D’Argent on debut before finishing mid-division in the Champion bumper and the Grade 2 at Aintree. If he’s ready after a lay-off (market should prove a good guide and stable is in form) he has the strongest form on offer.
The least exposed of the three is Lookout Mountain, who won a small Ffos Las bumper in taking fashion in May. The four-year-old beat just four rivals on heavy ground that evening and, though the form doesn’t amount to much, there was a lot to like about the performance and Tony McCoy was very complimentary afterwards.
He looks to have a bright future but will be priced up accordingly on potential, so at the likely prices a chance is taken on Utopian (2:00) who beat the useful Ut De Sivola in a French bumper before joining Nick Gifford.
The son of Kapgarde made an immediate impact on his British debut, winning a Fontwell bumper by 12 lengths and probably found the drop back in trip and quicker ground against him when fourth in a warmer contest at Newbury in March. Conditions should be right for him this afternoon and he remains a useful prospect.
2:00 Lingfield: Utopian – 11/4 bet365
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)