Paul Ferguson has one selections for us on Wednesday; Provo in the Exeter 13:40. Compare odds and bet.
Though he has to concede a 7lb penalty to all 14 rivals Provo (1:40) is taken to follow up his Wincanton novice hurdle success in the opener at Exeter today.
Ridden prominently on his debut over timber last month, the five-year-old son of Presenting travelled really powerfully, before staying on strongly to score by 12 lengths, with the 124-rated Cloudy Bob back filling the runner-up spot.
Ruby Walsh’s mount sets a decent standard and, if he’s progressed since that debut, he could be hard to beat. Jonjo O’Neill’s Irish points winner Cloudy Copper, who is a half-brother to Copper Bleu, looks the best of the newcomers on paper and should be noted in the market.
1:40 Exeter: Provo 1/2 Skybet
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)