Paul Ferguson has two selections for us on Thursday; The Paparazzi Kid in the 12:55 at Clonmel and Spirit of Shankly in the Ludlow 3.00. Compare odds and bet.
After a promising start to his hurdling career at Kempton last month Spirit Of Shankly (3:00) is taken to get off the mark at the second time of asking in Ludlow’s 2m maiden hurdle on Thursday.
Charlie Longsdon’s four-year-old won bumpers at Stratford and Market Rasen either side of his summer break and he remains a bright prospect, especially on a tight track such as this. He also appreciates a decent surface, so conditions look just about ideal today and the son of Sulamani looks to have Nicky Henderson’s Karazhan to beat.
Over in Ireland, Sizing Europe is the star turn at Clonmel and the Grade 2 Clonmel Oil Chase looks his for the taking. There is also a very interesting Grade 3 mares chase on the card, in which Knockfierna sets a very good standard, though she ran out for the second time at Limerick last time and needs to forget about that here.
Chasing debutant Tarla could be very tough to beat judged on her form over the smaller obstacles, but this is no easy introduction for the classy and unexposed hurdler, while Our Girl Salley should leave her debut run behind and could be a bit of each-way value (9/1 last night with Paddy Power).
Due to the competitiveness of the contest this is best watched and, instead, the one to back on the card is The Paparazzi Kid (12:55) in the opening maiden hurdle for Willie Mullins and Ruby Walsh.
The five-year-old looked smart when making a winning debut in a Navan bumper in December, after which he failed to fend off Rory O’Moore at Naas. The winner is a fair yardstick, however, who won over hurdles at the weekend, while the third has already won over timber, too.
Edward O’Grady’s new recruit Lord Of Lords also looked good when winning a Navan bumper for Helena Keaveney and the son of Flemensfirth has since been snapped up by Thomas Barr (owner of the once high-class Osana). He, too, ought to make his mark over hurdles, but preference is for the Mullins horse on this occasion, with his bumper form looking a fair bit stronger.
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)