Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Wednesday; Defy Logic in the 3:45 at Faryhouse. Compare odds and bet.
A pretty average day on the domestic front, so the day’s sole selection comes from Fairyhouse, where Defy Logic (3:45) is fancied to land the concluding bumper for Paul Nolan and Alan Berry on his first start for JP McManus.
The five-year-old has been off the track since finishing runner-up to Sizing Gold (ran well over hurdles a fortnight ago) at Navan in February, when he was the last horse off the bridle and pulled 12 lengths clear of a point-to-point winner in third.
He looked a sure-fire future winner that day and, being related to the high-class Strong Promise, he ought to appreciate the step up to 2m2f. The one thing that dampens enthusiasm slightly is that he wears blinkers so early in his career. However, he went in to the notebook on debut and is, therefore, given a chance to prove there is nothing untoward with the application of headgear.
3:45 Fairyhouse: Defy Logic; 10/11 bet365
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)