Paul Ferguson has two selections for us on Thursday; Darwins Fox in the 12.35 and Rule The World in the 2.35 both at Thurles. Compare odds and bet.
With Hereford and Wincanton already casualties to the weather and Market Rasen set to inspect at 8am, it’s back over to Ireland for Thursday’s selections.
The first comes in the opening www.thurlesraces.ie Beginners’ Chase and in the shape of Darwins Fox (12:35) who is taken to score in what looks a warm race that is sure to produce plenty of future winners.
Henry De Bromhead’s six-year-old is a bumper and hurdles winner who shaped really well on his chase debut at Punchestown last month, where he finished runner-up to the classy Oscars Well.
Andrew Lynch’s mount led for the majority of the contest and jumped well, bar for an error at the penultimate fence, just as Jessie Harrington’s classy hurdler was set to take his measure. A reproduction of that effort ought to make him tough to peg back here, though Willie Mullins’ four-year-old Darroun is feared in receipt of 12lbs. He beat Grade 1 winner Hisaabaat at Leopardstown in late January and he heads the list of potential dangers.
Later on the card Rule The World (2:35) is taken to return to winning ways in the 2m6f EBF Novice Hurdle.
Mouse Morris’ five-year-old looked a youngster of some potential when winning his maiden at Punchestown last month and he only failed to maintain his unbeaten record by a head in a Grade 3 at Cork earlier this month.
The son of Sulamani travelled with aplomb again that day and the drop back in trip ought to suit at this stage of his career. He looks yet another potentially smart youngster to carry the silks of the Gigginstown House Stud and connections will be disappointed if he doesn’t bounce back today. The selection opened up at 1/2 with Paddy Power last night.
12:35 Thurles Darwins Fox
2:35 Thurles Rule The World
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)