Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Monday from Kempton; Knockfierna in the 14:05. Compare odds and bet.
Nicky Henderson has won the last two runnings of the Listed OLBG Mares’ Hurdle at Kempton and he again saddles the favourite today with Kells Belle, who was on an upward curve in the second half of last season.
She is respected, but may find it tough to concede 8lbs to Irish raider Knockfierna (2:05) who has been doing really well over fences of late and will relish the prevailing conditions.
Charles Byrnes’ seven-year-old was giving Sir Des Champs a race at Limerick when running out last Christmas and did the same at the very same fence on her penultimate start. Either side of those, she has won four from four, three of which came in Grade 3 company.
She was well beaten by the classy Tarla just 11 days ago, but was badly hampered down the back and is clearly better than the bare form. A Grade 2 winner over hurdles, the one thing she does need to prove is that she can stay 3m, but that shouldn’t be an issue round here and she is worth backing with Stan James, who had her priced up at 3/1 this morning
Earlier on the card, Henderson will be hopeful of landing the 2m novices’ hurdle for a fifth time in six years with the exciting Snake Eyes, who is sure to be sent off really short. The four-year-old doesn’t look up against much here and it will be disappointing if he can’t follow Bobs Worth and Darlan, who won the last two renewals for the stable. Likely to be too short to back today, he’s worth watching with the future in mind.
2:05 Kempton: Knockfierna (3/1 Stan James)
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)