Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Sunday from Fairyhouse; Arvika Ligeonniere in the 1:35 Compare odds and bet.
Fairyhouse stage’s three Grade 1s this afternoon and the Bar One Racing Drinmore Novice Chase can go the way of Arvika Ligeonniere (1:35) for Ruby Walsh and Willie Mullins, who combine with Champagne Fever in the Royal Bond and Zaidpour in the Hatton’s Grace Hurdle.
The seven-year-old, who won a maiden hurdle here over this trip on testing ground back in January 2010, was returning from more than two years on the sidelines when making an impressive start to his chasing career at Punchestown in May.
The selection faces no easy task here, as it’s hard to rule out any of the five with any real confidence, but he has the perfect physique for chasing and I believe he can take high rank among this season’s novices. The 3/1 (Coral) available on Saturday evening is worth taking.
1:35 Fairyhouse: Arvika Ligeonniere (3/1 Coral)
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)