Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Sunday; Flemenstar in the 2.00 at Punchestown. Compare odds and bet.
A cracking day’s racing over in Ireland on Sunday, with Cork and Punchestown both staging Graded contests, but the match up between the unbeaten Sir Des Champs and Flemenstar (2:00) is without doubt the highlight of the day and Peter Casey’s seven-year-old is given the nod in a fascinating renewal of the John Durkan.
Both horses won five times as novices last term and both threaten to go all the way to the top this season but, with a run under his belt and fitness assured, the selection could just have the edge today.
That reappearance in the Fortria Chase could hardly have gone any better and, with the step back up to 2m4f sure to bring about further improvement, everything looks in place for him to take some pegging back. Flemenstar was trading at a best price 11/10 with most bookies this morning.
2:00 Punchestown Flemenstar (11/10)
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)