Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Tuesday; Special Catch in the 13:10 at Catterick. Compare odds and bet.
Though the lack of a recent run isn’t ideal, it is worth siding with Special Catch (1:10) on his hurdles debut at Catterick this afternoon for Keith and James Reveley.
The winner of the bumper on this card last year, the five-year-old went on to make a pleasing debut over hurdles on decent ground at Doncaster in February, where he finished 4½ lengths off Oscar Nominee, who went on to run well in an Aintree handicap off 135.
The runner-up won his next four starts so it was a pleasing start and, should he improve on that here on start number two over timber, he sets a fair standard.
1:10 Catterick: Special Catch; 2/1 bet365
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)