Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Thursday; Two Rockers in the 1.40 at Towcester. Compare odds and bet.
Being by Milan, the ground may not be ideal for Two Rockers (1:40) but he looked a nice prospect when winning over course-and-distance at the start of the month and the five-year-old is fancied to follow up under his penalty at Towcester this afternoon.
Alan King’s former Irish points winner cost his current connections £80,000 at the Cheltenham sales in May and, despite looking green in the closing stages, he got the better of Emma Lavelle’s Chepstow winner Shotgun Paddy by a length.
Robert Thornton’s mount looks a chaser in the making, but could easily develop in to a useful staying novice hurdler this season and it’s worth remembering that King sent his leading novice Lovcen to win at Towcester last winter; this is a track the trainer likes (27% strike-rate here in recent seasons, 16 winners from 60 runners).
1:40 Towcester Two Rockers
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)