Paul Ferguson has one selections for us on Friday; Puffin Billy in the 1.55 at Ascot. Compare odds and bet.
The ground is sure to be really bad at Ascot on Friday, where the chase debut of Simonsig will take centre stage in the Grade 2 Noel Novices’ Chase.
It will be disappointing if the long odds-on shot doesn’t score in style for Nicky Henderson and Barry Geraghty, though it will also be a shock if the exciting Puffin Billy (1:55) relinquishes his 100% record in the Grade 2 Kennel Gate Novices’ Hurdle.
Oliver Sherwood’s four-year-old was impressive in winning his second bumper here on his seasonal return and he could hardly have done it any easier on his hurdles debut at the Hennessy meeting at Newbury three weeks ago.
Though taking short odds isn’t always advisable on such ground, the son of Heron Island has twice won on soft ground and the 8/13 on offer overnight seems more than fair in this four-runner race.
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)