Paul Ferguson has two selections for us on Thursday; Mumbo Jumbo in the 12.50 at Leopardstown and Clonbanan Lad in the 1.05 at Limerick . Compare odds and bet.
There is some really interesting action on the domestic front today, but the pick of the betting opportunities come from Ireland, where the best of the action undoubtedly comes from Leopardstown.
Limerick stages a cracking 2m3f hurdle, however, in which Prince De Beauchene has somewhat surprisingly been chalked up as favourite. Long-time market leader for last year’s Grand National, he is presumably starting back on the long road to Aintree in April, so maybe worth taking on today.
In Venture Capital and Clonbanan Lad (1:05) he faces a couple of pretty smart bumper performers who have already won their maiden hurdles this year and marginal preference is for the latter.
Now with Henry De Bromhead, the six-year-old won a bumper here a year ago and went on to finish midfield in the Champion Bumper at Cheltenham. He made a pleasing debut for his current stable when making a winning debut over hurdles at Punchestown in October, where he once again showed he relishes testing ground.
Well beaten behind Jezki in the Grade 1 Royal Bond last time, he will appreciate the drop in class and step up in trip, so is worth giving another chance to with Paddy Power offering 7/2 on Wednesday evening.
The selection’s stable-mate Sizing Europe is one of the star turns at Leopardstown where the Grade 1 Future Champions Novice Hurdle is a must watch with the remainder of the season in mind.
Earlier on the card Mumbo Jumbo (12:50) ought to be tough to beat in the Paddy Power Maiden Hurdle for Mags and Danny Mullins.
The five-year-old won a bumper at the Christmas Meeting last year and made a pleasing debut over timber, when a nose second to the useful Ted Veale (second in a Grade 3 recently) in heavy ground at Limerick. A reproduction of that effort should be good enough to land a race of this nature.
12:50 Leopardstown Mumbo Jumbo
1:05 Limerick Clonbanan Lad
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)