Paul Ferguson has two selections for us on Tuesday; Ambion Wood in the Exeter 1.30 and Swing Bowler in the Musselburgh 2.45. Compare odds and bet.
After a dismal end to 2012, it would be nice for Victor Dartnall to kick off the year with a winner and, should Exeter go ahead, the Devon based handler saddles his stable-star Ambion Wood (1:30) in the 2m3f beginners’ chase at Exeter.
The EBF Final winner has always appealed as the type to do even better over fences and, with heavy ground winning form in the book, it will be disappointing if he doesn’t strike first time up. He was trading at 5/6 with Paddy Power last night.
The 3m novices’ chase looks a decent contest in which Gullinbursti makes his third start over fences. Emma Lavelle’s charge ran a race full of promise on debut here, but failed to sparkle last time at Haydock. He could easily be the best horse in this race, but may just want better ground to shine and could be one to keep in the notebook until the spring.
Up at Musselbrugh Swing Bowler (2:45) can take the feature 2m handicap hurdle for David Pipe and David Johnson.
The Galileo mare is out of the high-class Lady Cricket and won a brace of bumpers and was also two from two over hurdles last season. To date she has raced on ground no worse than good-to-soft, but soft going shouldn’t be an issue on breeding and an opening mark of 123 doesn’t look too harsh at all.
Conor O’Farrell’s mount was trading at 7/2 with Paddy Power on Monday evening and can make the long journey north worthwhile for the stable.
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)