Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Wednesday; Tiqris in the Ludlow 12:50. Compare odds and bet.
Philip Hobbs provided us with a winner and a second yesterday and the trainer is responsible for today’s sole selection Tiqris (12:50) who can land the opening maiden hurdle at Ludlow.
The five-year-old was an eye-catcher when runner-up on his rules debut in a Chepstow bumper in April for Charlie Brooks and the Midnight Legend gelding subsequently changed hands for £90,000 at the Cheltenham sales later that month.
Keen on his debut for current connections at Ascot last month, that took its toll in the closing stages, yet he still kept on for third behind two potentially smart horses in Captain Cutter and Kings Palace. The step up in trip ought to suit Tom O’Brien’s mount on this hurdles debut and the better ground should also aid his cause.
12:50 Ludlow: Tiqris 5/4 @ Skybet
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)