Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Thursday; Ballycasey in the Thurles 3.10 . Compare odds and bet.
With Ludlow off and Wincanton also under threat, it is possible that Lingfield provides the pick of the domestic action on Thursday, with the all-weather venue staging a seven race card of Jumpers’ Bumpers.
These races are invariably difficult to weigh up, but the two most interesting runners in action for me are Tour D’Arget and No No Charlie who run in the fifth and sixth races, respectively.
The former was a classy novice hurdler last term, but has fallen on both starts this season over fences. This gives him the opportunity to gain some confidence before reverting to fences and he ought to outclass these, but his price will reflect this.
The latter easily won a Fontwell bumper when selected in this column and he certainly bumped in to one on hurdles debut, chasing home Taquin Du Seuil at Uttoxeter in October. The winner has of course gone on to win a Grade 2 at Sandown and the Grade 1 Challow Hurdle at Newbury. If he is wound up after more than 100 days on the sidelines, he too should take a bit of beating.
For the day’s selection it is over to Ireland, where Ballycasey (3:10) is taken to make it two from two over hurdles in the EBF Novice Hurdle at Thurles.
Willie Mullins’ grey beat Our Vinnie (dual Grade 3 winner, including a defeat of Rule The World) in a bumper last Christmas and he easily maintained his 100% record under rules when scoring in style at Clonmel last month.
There was money for the six-year-old in the ante-post market for the Albert Bartlett yesterday and those who have backed him for that will be hopeful of an impressive display here. The selection opened up 4/6 with Paddy Power last night, though it is hoped he’s not so tight when some of the other major firms open up this morning.
3:10 Thurles: Ballycasey 8/11 @ Stan James
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)