Paul Ferguson has two selections for us on Saturday including; Un Atout in the Naas 2.45. Compare odds and bet.
Hopefully Naas will survive the weather on Saturday, as the County Kildare track is the only possibility we have of seeing any jumps racing.
The card looks a cracker too, with the former high-class Solwhit in action, as well as Aupcharlie in the Grade 2 Woodlands Park 100 Club Novice Chase. Willie Mullins’ seven-year-old was only collared in the shadows of the post by stable-mate Back In Focus over Christmas and he ought to outclass these, though I have a suspicion that he could prove at least as effective if dropped back to 2m4f (and he was backed in the Jewson market yesterday).
Another short priced favourite on show is another Mullins inmate Un Atout (2:45) who should maintain his 100% record in the 2m novice hurdle. A 24 length winner of a bumper here in January, he beat the smart Fickle Fortune in impressive fashion on his hurdles debut at Navan last month and it will be a big surprise if he doesn’t make it three from three here.
Trading at 4/9 on first show last night (Boylesports), he won’t be for everyone but pay close attention to him as this horse could go a very long way and his odds of 20/1 for the Supreme Novices’ Hurdle could be slashed come 3pm.
Earlier on the card Morning Assembly (1:00) ought to take a bit of beating in the opening maiden hurdle for Pat Fahy and Davy Russell.
A bumper winner at Punchestown, the six-year-old finished third to Buckers Bridge back at the same track at the Festival in April, and he ran a sound race on his hurdles debut when runner-up to the smart Sizing Gold at Leopardstown over Christmas.
He is likely to be another warm order, but should be difficult to beat if he has come on from that reappearance.
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)