Paul Ferguson has two selections from Leopardstown for us on Sunday; Urano at 12.25 and Pont Alexandre at 1.25. Compare odds and bet.
It looks like being a big day for Willie Mullins at Leopardstown on Sunday, with the trainer set to saddle six favourites (doesn’t have a runner in the other two races) including Hurricane Fly who was trading around 2/7 last night to win a third successive Irish Champion Hurdle.
The five-year-old Urano (12:25) can get the ball rolling in the opening maiden hurdle, as he looked a sure-fire future winner when chasing home Ned Buntline on his most recent start, at this track over Christmas.
The winner is a smart prospect and the selection travelled really well through the contest, having earlier bumped in to another useful sort on his Irish debut, Ally Cascade. Again, he went down all guns blazing and the winner went on to run in the Grade 1 Future Champions behind Jezki.
He takes his chance in the Grade 2 Synergy Security Solutions Novice Hurdle this afternoon, where he will struggle against another Mullins inmate Pont Alexandre (1:25) who won the Grade 1 Navan Novice Hurdle on his debut for connections.
He had taken the measure of Don Cossack when he came down and the five-year-old, who won on his sole start in France (at Cholet last May), could hardly have created a better impression.
He coped well with the heavy ground that day and was doing all his best work late on, so the likely slog this afternoon shouldn’t inconvenience him and, if he is to justify his lofty position in the ante-post markets for the Neptune and Albert Bartlett, he really needs to be taking care of his seven rivals today.
Trading at 8/15 overnight, there appeared plenty of money about for Our Vinnie, who should make it a test having won over further, so it is hoped a couple of the major firms take him on early this morning.
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)