Paul Ferguson has two selections from Ludlow for us on Wednesday; Sausalito Sunrise in the 4.10 and Centasia at 4.40. Compare odds and bet.
Wednesday sees the resumption of turf racing and Module is the most interesting horse on show, should Leicester get the go-ahead. Tom George’s novice chaser will be very short indeed, but should supplement his Newbury success en route to a crack at one of the Cheltenham Festival novice contests.
Ludlow stages a better overall card and the penultimate race, a maiden hurdle over 2m5f, looks a race with plenty of depth to it.
Angles Hill and High Ville are maidens capable of winning races, while Nicky Henderson saddles points winner Speedy Tunes and Henry Daly’s Heronshaw looked a bright prospect when defying greenness to score on debut in a Uttoxeter bumper.
However, slight preference at the likely odds is given to Philip Hobbs’ Sausalito Sunrise (4:10) who shaped with a degree of promise himself on his rules debut at Huntingdon recently.
The five-year-old, who won a point-to-point in Ireland before joining current connections, kept on well (off the bridle some way out) to take second behind a useful looking mare of Jonjo O’Neill’s. He gave the distinct impression this sort of trip would suit over jumps and Hobbs was complimentary about the son of Gold Well in his Racing Post stable-tour at the beginning of the season. He should be backed each-way in what looks a decent event by the track’s standards.
Oscar Hoof will probably be pretty short to make it two from two over course-and-distance in the concluding bumper and, while Nicky Henderson’s five-year-old was impressive when scoring here three weeks ago, he may struggle to give 7lbs to the exciting Centasia (4:40) who looked a potentially classy mare when hacking up at Wincanton in October.
The daughter of Presenting was in the care of Seamus Durack when winning by a hard held 6 lengths and she went on to fetch £155,000 at the Cheltenham sales the following month. She makes her debut for David Pipe and Roger Brookhouse today and, while the form of her debut success doesn’t amount to much, she is taken to maintain her 100% record given the visual impression she created last time.
4:10 Ludlow: Sausalito Sunrise (each-way)
4:40 Ludlow: Centasia
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)