Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Tuesday; Population in the Market Rasen 2.00. Compare odds and bet.
A useful bumper performer last term Population (2:00) is taken to get off the mark at the third time of asking over hurdles at Market Rasen on Tuesday.
John Ferguson’s chestnut won a brace of Ascot bumpers in the early part of last season and, after the best part of five months off, he went on to finish sixth to The New One in the Grade 2 at Aintree on Grand National day.
Pulled-up early on during his hurdles debut at Cheltenham in October, when something was clearly amiss, the six-year-old had no chance against My Tent Or Yours at Huntingdon last month, but he kept on well and there is nothing of that winner’s class in today’s line-up.
Given the way he was finishing last time, he could well improve for the slight step up in trip and he can give the connections of My Tent Or Yours a timely boost ahead of his Betfair Hurdle bid on Saturday.
That leads me on to those connections who, of course, sadly lost the hugely talented Darlan yesterday. His final flight fall made for horrible viewing and was a stark reminder of how painful our sport can be sometimes. Condolences go out to all concerned with the horse, who will be a big loss to the National Hunt game.
2:00 Market Rasen: Population; 5/2 bet365
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)