Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Sunday; Whisper in the Ffos Las 2.20. Compare odds and bet.
Nicky Henderson endured a rare blank Saturday yesterday, but he can strike with his sole runner today Whisper (2:20) who can land the opening novices’ hurdle at Ffos Las.
Given he carries the Dai Walters silks, it’s not surprising that the five-year-old won his bumper here and he also recorded an easy success at the Welsh track on hurdles debut over this trip on Boxing Day. Stepped up in class last time, he moved well for a long way before eventually being outclassed by the likes of At Fishers Cross and The New One at Cheltenham.
Back on ‘home’ ground and down in grade, the son of Astarabad should be tough to beat under Andrew Tinkler, who is two from two aboard the selection.
Nick Williams’ Un Ami may give him most to think about, while David Pipe saddles an ex-winning pointer Western Warhorse who cost current connections £130,000 at the sales in December; he looks worth a market check.
2:20 Ffos Las : Whisper 4/7 Stan James
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)