Paul Ferguson has two selections for us on Thursday; Easter Day in the Huntingdon 3.30 and The Tracey Shuffle in the Ayr 4.20. Compare odds and bet.
Despite having to concede 8lbs to all four rivals, it will be disappointing if Easter Day (3:30) doesn’t return to winning ways in the Sidney Banks at Huntingdon on Thursday.
Paul Nicholls’ five-year-old, who finished third to Melodic Rendezvous in a bumper on debut, won his first two starts over hurdles in impressive fashion before finishing runner-up in the Grade 1 Challow Hurdle.
Up at Ayr The Tracey Shuffle (4.20) can go one better than when runner-up to Tap Night at the track 9 days ago in the 2m handicap hurdle.
That recent second came over fences of course, but the drop back to the smaller obstacles shouldn’t inconvenience the front-runner, who could be hard to peg back down to 2m on his favoured soft ground.
A winner here over hurdles a year ago, the seven-year-old should be available at 6/4 with Skybet
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)