Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Saturday; Lac Fontana in the Kempton 3.15. Compare odds and bet.
Kempton stages a competitive card this afternoon, though I have to say I think the graded events look slightly weaker renewals than normal.
Paul Nicholls knows what it takes to win the Dovecote with a juvenile, having saddled Escort’men to win the contest in 2010 and he also saddled Empire Levant and Dodging Bullets to finish second in the past two runnings.
Today he saddles Lac Fontana (3:15) who was hampered between the last two flights when runner-up on his hurdles debut at Newbury a fortnight ago. The winner Chatterbox (who had earlier beat My Tent Or Yours) is well thought of at Seven Barrows and he got first run on the selection in what was a dash to the line.
A lot more is needed here, but he looks open to plenty of improvement and receives weight from all five rivals, 16lbs off main market rival Brick Red.
Venetia Williams’ six-year-old reverts to novice company having won a Musselburgh handicap last time and is clearly progressive, but preference is for the latter who can book his ticket to the Triumph Hurdle here (Nicholls has said he might be put away as a second season novice if failing to score today). The selection was trading at 10/3 with Hills and 11/4 with SkyBet early on Friday evening, though he was beginning to be backed at the time of writing.
Stable-mate Irish Saint looks to have solid claims in the Adonis, but I think the track will play to Vasco Du Ronceray’s strengths, so that contest is best watched.
3:15 Kempton Lac Fontana
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)