Paul Ferguson has two selections for us on Saturday including Lienosus in the Doncaster 4.05. Compare odds and bet.
Today’s Totepool.com Premier Kelso Hurdle has been the target for Eduard (3:40) since he scored by 29 lengths at Carlisle last month and Nicky Richards’ exciting five-year-old can book his ticket to Aintree in style under Brian Harding.
The son of Morozov beat stable-mate and fellow high-class novice Duke Of Navan on his debut in a bumper at this track almost a year ago and he has done nothing but progress this term.
Runner-up to Ifandbutwhynot (twice a winner in handicap company since) on debut, he won by 18 lengths at Newcastle (beat another subsequent winner in King Of The Wolds) before finishing third in a hot contest at Cheltenham in December, where he tried to concede 6lbs to subsequent Tolworth Hurdle winner Melodic Rendezvous.
His form is rock solid and, with the step up in trip to 2m2f likely to bring about further improvement, it will be disappointing if he doesn’t land this. The selection opened up 5/4 with Hills on Friday evening.
At Doncaster Lord Wishes is interesting in the 3m handicap hurdle as he had held an entry in the Premier Hurdle himself, but giving 12lbs to Aaim To Prosper won’t be easy, so the selection on the Grimthorpe card goes the way of Lienosus (4:05) in the extended 2m3f novices’ hurdle.
Warden Hill and Champagne And Caviar have decent course form to their names behind African Gold and Close Touch, but the selection finished third in the Grade 2 Persian War on his rules debut (just 8½ lengths off Coral Cup favourite Wonderful Charm) and went on to bustle up Clondaw Kaempfer at Haydock.
The step back up in trip should suit the former winning pointer, who shouldn’t need to improve too much to land this, assuming Evan Williams has him straight enough after a 99 day lay-off.
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)