Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Friday; Top Of The Range in the Sandown 4.00. Compare odds and bet.
Not the best card by Sandown standards on Friday, but the Charles Stanley Handicap Hurdle looks a decent contest and that the market is headed by Cockney Trucker who ran a cracker off this mark on Saturday.
He is clearly respected, but Top Of The Range (4:00) also arrives here on the back of a solid run, in what looked a warm Ascot handicap, and will appreciate the slightly better ground (assuming the racing stays away).
Nicky Henderson’s six-year-old looked a horse of some potential when bolting up on his hurdles debut in November 2011 and, though he hasn’t won since, he’s shown plenty of promise again this term.
Still in several of the Festival handicaps, the son of Presenting was trading at 6/1 with Hills last night and that looks a fair each-way price. At bigger odds, keep an eye on the novice Kaysersberg who was smart in bumpers last term and is better than his most recent run would suggest. He, too, wants better ground.
4:00 Sandown: Top Of The Range (each-way 6/1 William Hill)
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)