Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Monday; August Hill in the Taunton 17:20. Compare odds and bet.
Quite a quiet day on the eve of the Festival, with Broadway Buffalo the most interesting horse on show in the opener at Plumpton, though David Pipe’s unbeaten five-year-old will be very short indeed and is one to watch.
The bumper at Taunton doesn’t look the strongest of races and gives August Hill (5:20) the chance to score at the third time of asking for Philip Hobbs and Richard Johnson.
The Presenting mare has run in a couple of decent bumpers so far, finishing runner-up to Doctor Harper on debut and he has gone on to win again at Sandown and is on course for a crack at Wednesday’s Champion Bumper. The third and fourth from that contest have both won since, too.
Last time, she was a bit keen and finished fifth in a warm mares’ event won by Molly’s A Diva, who followed up in the Listed event at Sandown on Saturday. If she settles, a reproduction of those two efforts ought to be good enough to take this.
5:20 Taunton: August Hill; 11/8 Skybet
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)