Paul Ferguson has two selections from Newbury for us on Friday; The Pay King in the 2.10 and Ivor’s King at 4.25. Compare odds and bet.
Not the strongest card by Newbury standards on Friday and the opening Emma Lavelle Racing Maiden Hurdle looks a good opportunity for expensive purchase Pay The King (2:10) to get off the mark at the second time of asking over hurdles.
A bumper winner in Ireland, he made his debut for Paul Nicholls in a Chepstow maiden that is working out really well and he travelled strongly for a long way that day before finishing third to Annacotty, who won again at Haydock on Wednesday.
The second and fourth have won since too, so the form looks strong and he can continue the good run of his trainer, who got off the mark towards the end of the Cheltenham Festival with Salubrious and has saddled two winners from two runners since.
Another trainer in fine form is Colin Tizzard, who saddled two winners and two placed horses from just 10 runners at Cheltenham and has also been successful with his sole runner since, and his Ivor’s King (4:25) could go well at rewarding odds in the feature handicap hurdle.
The six-year-old was a revelation earlier in the season, completing a hat-trick before running fourth behind African Gold at the Hennessy meeting here in November. He bounced back to run a blinder when dropped to 2m at Kempton over Christmas, before flopping just a fortnight later.
He looked in need of a break, which he has now been given, and he returns with conditions to suit and with his stable in flying form. With just nine going to post, he looks worth each-way support at 12/1.
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)