Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Monday; Matthew Riley in the Newcastle 2.55. Compare odds and bet.
A busy Easter Monday, with the Irish Grand National the feature, but this year’s renewal looks even more competitive than usual. On an action packed day, the sole selection comes from Newcastle and in the shape of Matthew Riley (2:55) in the second division of the 2m4f novice hurdle.
A smart bumper performer for Kate Walton, the six-year-old finished fourth in the Grade 2 contest on Grand National day in 2011 and was absent from then until making a pleasing return at this track last month.
Now in the care of Philip Kirby, the six-year-old kept on well when runner-up over 2m on his hurdles debut and should appreciate the extra half-mile this afternoon.
2:55 Newcastle: Matthew Riley; 11/10 Betvictor
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)