Paul Ferguson has two selections for us on Sunday; Molotof in the Ascot 2.50 & Upsie in the Limerick 4.05. Compare odds and bet.
Nicky Henderson enjoyed a fine Aintree thanks to Captain Conan, My Tent Or Yours, Sprinter Sacre, Triolo D’Alene and Minella Forfitness and the champion trainer elect saddles two at Ascot on Sunday, both of which hold sound claims.
Firstly smart Flat performer Courtesy Call goes in the opening maiden hurdle, but there is depth to that race and Village Vic still promises to develop in to a smart performer, so the best chance of a Seven Barrows winner is with Molotof (2:50) in the A.P. Security Novices’ Chase.
The grey is a Grade 2 hurdles winner at the track and beat the smart Changing Times on his chase debut in October. After failing to get home over 3m he won a handicap at Warwick off 143 and really ought to have won the Pendil when stable-mate Tour D’Argent didn’t help his cause by harrying him for the lead.
Only eighth in the Jewson last time, if he’s anywhere near his previous form he will take a bit of beating in this company. The six-year-old opened up 4/5 with Paddy Power on Saturday evening, but it is hoped he will be odds against this morning.
Over in Ireland Willie Mullins’ unbeaten five-year-old Upsie (4:05) looked a smart prospect on her debut for current connections and can make it four from four in the 2m3f mares hurdle at Limerick.
JP McManus’ mare made a pleasing winning debut over hurdles under Tony McCoy at Naas in February, having won both starts in French bumpers. She can take this before being upped in class, presumably at the Punchestown Festival.
2:50 Ascot Molotof
4:05 Limerick Upsie
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)