Paul Ferguson has two selections for us on Wednesday; Sir Graham Wade in the 3.40 & Singersongwriter in the 4.40 both at Nottingham. Compare odds and bet.
After winning six times last year at three Sir Graham Wade (3:40) appeals the type to develop in to a Group class stayer this season and Mark Johnston’s grey is taken to make a winning reappearance in the Listed Further Flight Stakes at Nottingham on Wednesday.
The Dalakhani colt did nothing but improve last summer and landed the Old Borough Cup and Mallard Stakes within a week of each other during September. After chasing home the smart Biographer at Ascot, he rounded off the campaign winning in this grade at Nantes, where he showed he is equally effective on testing ground.
Ed Dunlop’s mare Testosterone comes out best on official figures, but she didn’t show the same form here as she did in France, so is best watched today. The selection, who begins the season rated 104 having started his handicap victories off 80 last term, was trading at 6/4 with Paddy Power this morning.
Ed Dunlop should be among the winners later on the card when he unleashes Singersongwriter (4:40) in the penultimate three-year-old extended mile handicap.
An impressive winner on her sole start last season, when scoring at Doncaster in soft ground during October, the daughter of Raven’s Pass is bred to appreciate better ground and is clearly held in some regard.
Entered in both the 1,000 Guineas and the Oaks, the filly is a half-sister to Monitor Closely and needs to winning this off an opening mark of 74 is she is to justify those Classic engagements. The selection is now 4/5 with Bet365 early on Wednesday morning and I expect she will be very popular judged on those fancy entries she holds.
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)