Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Sunday; Foundry in the Leopardstown 4.15. Compare odds and bet.
It’s four years since Aiden O’Brien last won the Group 3 Ballysax Stakes, but he has two chances this afternoon with odds-on favourite Battle Of Marengo appearing the obvious contender from Ballydoyle.
However, despite jockey bookings and the market saying otherwise, I’m prepared to take a chance on Foundry (4:15) who looked very good indeed when winning a 7f maiden here in November.
The form of that contest has worked out reasonably well and he follows a similar path to his sire Galileo, who won this on his reappearance at three, having won a backend maiden at the track as a two-year-old.
Bred to relish the step up to middle distances, the selection receives 5lbs from his stable-mate and looks potentially over-priced at 6/1 with Bet365. It could be the Battle Of Marengo (who regular readers will remember was selected here a couple of times last year) has improved substantially from two to three, though I’m hoping that jockey bookings are to do with the fact that O’Brien is unbeaten on the favourite, while Seamie Heffernan was aboard Foundry here last November.
4:15 Leopardstown Foundry
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)