Paul Ferguson has two selections for us on Saturday; Private Equity and Sandanski at Uttoxeter. Compare odds and bet.
Rebecca Curtis must have got a buzz out of the performance from Teaforthree in last Saturday’s Grand National and Sandanski (3:55) gives her a good chance of her first winner since At Fishers Cross won impressively at Aintree last Friday.
A bumper winner at Bangor almost a year ago, the five-year-old has been steadily improving over hurdles and ran well on heavy ground at Ffos Las four weeks ago. Fifth home Fishers Bridge has come out and won well since and the selection ought to improve for both moving in to handicap company and encountering better ground.
The step back up in trip should also suit and the son of Definite Article has been handed an opening mark of 115, with the useful Patrick Corbett taking off a valuable 7lbs. The selection was trading at 7/2 with Bet365, Bet Victor and Paddy Power on Friday evening.
Earlier on the card Nicky Henderson’s recent Huntingdon winner Private Equity (3:20) ought to be tough to peg back in the Betfred Mobile Lotto Novices’ Chase.
The improving five-year-old bolted up by 17 lengths last time and, while he has more on his plate here, he appears to be improving and should relish the better ground.
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)