Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Monday; Portmonarch in the Windsor 4.20. Compare odds and bet.
The extended 1m2f maiden at Windsor this afternoon has gone the way of some talented three-year-olds in recent seasons, including subsequent St Leger winner Sixties Icon who won the contest in 2006, and Derby entry Portmonarch (4:20) needs to be landing this if he is to be seriously considered for the Epsom Classic.
David Lanigan’s Galileo colt improved with each run last season and sets the standard on a mark of 75. Connections could have gone down the handicap route with that rating, but they presumably want to get a win on the board and the colt that cost $525,000 as a yearling has reportedly done extremely well from two to three.
Of the opposition, Sir Michael Stoute’s well-bred newcomer Strength And Honor clearly warrants plenty of respect, especially if the market speaks in his favour early this morning. Another Galileo colt, he’s closely related to High Chaparral and Black Bear Island, though he doesn’t hold any fancy entries at this stage.
4:20 Windsor: Portmonarch; 11/4 Betvictor
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)