Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Monday; Darwins Fox in the Cork 5.10. Compare odds and bet.
As most of this week’s focus will come from Ireland in the shape of the Punchestown Festival, which kicks off tomorrow, it’s fitting we start the week over at Cork with Darwins Fox (5:10) who is fancied to take the opening beginners’ chase.
Henry De Bromhead’s seven-year-old was a smart hurdler who ran well when second to Oscars Well and Sword Of Destiny on his first two starts over fences, before disappointing when favourite for a decent event at Fairyhouse in mid-December.
The fact he has been absent since indicates he had a problem afterwards and, having run well fresh in the past, the lay-off isn’t too much of a concern. If he reproduces the form of his first two starts over fences, he looks the one to beat in this grade.
5:10 Cork: Darwins Fox; 10/3 Betvictor
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)