Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Friday; Carlton Jack in the Bangor-on-Dee 7.45. Compare odds and bet.
A Catterick bumper winner in December for Mick Easterby Carlton Jack (7:45) joined Jonjo O’Neill and JP McManus for £70,000 the same month and, having shown promise on all three starts for current connections, looks one to note on his handicap debut at Bangor this evening.
Fifth in a Kempton bumper, the six-year-old ran well on his hurdles debut to get within a couple of lengths of Bob’s World, who has won again since before finishing runner-up at Sandown last Saturday off 120.
Seen as the selection was conceding weight to the four-year-old, his opening mark of 114 doesn’t look too harsh and Richie McLernon’s mount was most recently seen finishing fourth in a decent little event at Huntingdon. Available at 9/2 with Bet365 on Thursday evening, he looks open to plenty of improvement on this his third start over timber.
7:45 Bangor-On-Dee Carlton Jack
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)