Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Thursday; Sword Of Honour in the Clonmel 5.50. Compare odds and bet.
The second day of Chester’s May meeting looks tricky, so the day’s selection comes from Clonmel’s mixed card where Sword Of Honour (5:50) could be worth one last chance in the extended 2m Main Guard Handicap.
I have followed this six-year-old over the proverbial cliff since making an impressive winning racecourse debut in a Killarney bumper back in August 2011 and, though he hasn’t won a race since under either code, he has still shown glimpses of promise and is now of interest on his handicap debut off 64.
The son of Montjeu isn’t easy to settle at times, so Pat Smullen is an eye-catching booking and, having opened up 7/1 with Paddy Power last night, Pat Flynn’s charge is worth one last chance to fulfill the promise he showed in that Killarney bumper.
5:50 Clonmel: Sword Of Honour (each-way); 7/1 Paddy Power
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)