Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Sunday; Gone Too Far in the Kempton 5.20. Compare odds and bet.
The concluding bumper at Kempton on Sunday looks a really interesting contest, with Johnny Og looking useful when winning at Catterick in January and Hannibal The Great finished third in a decent Cheltenham bumper when last sighted in November.
Add to the mix a well-bred Nicky Henderson newcomer and you’ve got a strong looking event on paper, but I’ve been waiting for Gone Too Far (5:20) to return to action since he made a really promising debut at Newbury’s Hennessy meeting in November and he is given the nod.
The five-year-old, who carries the green and gold hoops of JP McManus, got to within a length of Oscar Rock in soft ground and the form of the race could hardly have worked out better since.
The winner went on to win a Listed event at the Berkshire track, while the third O’Faolains Boy (14 lengths behind the selection) won his next three starts before finishing fourth to stable-mate At Fishers Cross in the Albert Bartlett.
The break is a slight concern, but the son of Kayf Tara has held plenty of entries of late and the stable is in fine form. The better ground is likely to suit and he sets a very good standard.
5:20 Kempton: Gone Too Far; 6/4 betvictor
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)