Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Friday; Auld Alliance in the Newmarket 16:40 Compare odds and bet.
Judged on their recent meeting in a Sandown maiden, there should be little between Riposte and Auld Alliance (4:40) at Newmarket this afternoon but, given the way she finished last time, Sir Michael Stoute’s filly is just fancied to reverse form.
The half-sister to Golan and Tartan Bearer stayed on in taking fashion after looking out paced early in the straight and she remains in the Oaks. She has 1½ lengths to find with Sir Henry Cecil’s Dansili filly, who might be more at home over 1m2f.
An interesting contest, it will be a surprise if either of this pair fails to score and the local market at HQ should prove informative.
4:40 Newmarket: Auld Alliance; 2/1 @ bet365
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)