Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Monday; Chapoturgeon in the Newton Abbot 5.20. Compare odds and bet.
David Lanigan’s Plutocracy won with plenty in hand at Windsor last Monday and is of interest in the concluding race at Leicester this evening under his 5lb penalty, but there are a couple of interesting opponents lurking further down the weights, so the day’s selection is another top-weight that comes earlier in the day.
Chapoturgeon (5:20) has to give lumps of weight away in the last at Newton Abbot, but he is still in a class act in this sphere and, under his optimum conditions, he could easily outclass his rivals this afternoon.
Pulled-up when struggling at Cheltenham when last sighted, the nine-year-old races off a mark of 138 here, a rating from which he was able to finish third in a competitive handicap chase on Grand National day only last year. The grey has only been seen twice since and, back down in trip, he can return to winning ways.
5:20 Newton Abbot: Chapoturgeon; 6/4 bet365
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)