Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Thursday; Special Account in the Worcester 17.55. Compare odds and bet.
The opening novices’ chase at Worcester on Thursday evening is an interesting contest and one which has gone the way of Paul Nicholls for the past two seasons. The former champion trainer saddles Wiffy Chatsby tonight and he’s just one of three interesting debutants.
Brassick was a disappointing third on his recent return at Market Rasen, but that could easily have brought him on and he won a bumper at the track on his racecourse debut. Charlie Longsdon saddled a nice winner in the shape of Grandads Horse (also on chase debut) last week, but his string generally hasn’t been in the best of form.
That leaves Special Account (5:55) as the one to side with, in the hope he also needed his recent return to action in a handicap hurdle at Newton Abbot.
A point-to-point winner at Punchestown back in 2010, Jeremy Scott’s eight-year-old is another course winner and looked useful on quick ground last summer. He went on to run behind The New One at Cheltenham in October and was well beaten in the Persian War, but he ought to come in to his own over fences and can strike this evening.
I’ve got a day off on Friday so there’s no column, but I’ll be keeping a close eye on impressive recent Redcar winner Maputo at Sandown under his 6lb penalty, while the Champion Hunters’ Chase at Stratford could well be the race of the day.
Last year’s winner Salsify looked as good as ever when bolting up at Punchestown in April and, along with fellow Irish raiders Mossey Joe and Tammys Hill, the eight-year-old will be of great interest if lining up.
I’ll be back on Saturday.
5:55 Worcester: Special Account; 9/4 @ bet365
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)