Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Monday; Shirocco Star in the Warwick 7.50. Compare odds and bet.
Though she disappointed on her return in the Dahlia Stakes at Newmarket last month Shirocco Star (7:50) is worth another chance in this evening’s Warwickshire Oaks.
Hughie Morrison’s four-year-old was runner-up in the Epsom and Irish Oaks last year as well as finishing third in the Ribblesdale before finishing second again in her last two outings of the season, both in Group 2 company.
Taking a short price about any horse on the back of a poor run isn’t ideal, but she really ought to outclass this lot and, if she’s not able to, it will be back to the drawing board for connections. She is trading at 6/5 with Betvictor this morning.
7:50 Warwick Shirocco Star
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)