Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Wednesday; The Fugue in the Royal Ascot 3.45. Compare odds and bet.
This afternoon’s feature, the Prince Of Wales’s Stakes, looks a slightly substandard renewal with Al Kazeem’s Tattersalls Gold Cup success over Camelot the best recent piece of form on offer.
I’m of the opinion that both could be better at 1m4f (definitely in the case of Camelot) so, with conditions just about ideal for her reappearance, a chance is taken on The Fugue (3:45) on her first start against the boys.
John Gosden’s filly won the Musidora and Nassau Stakes on her only starts at this trip on home soil last season and she went on to finish third in the Breeder’s Cup in November. Runner-up at this meeting last year in the Ribblesdale Stakes, she goes well fresh so the absence is not really an issue.
If she’s progressed from three to four, there is a chance she could be right in the mix here and is worth supporting each-way at 6/1 this morning.
Elsewhere on the card, Gosden’s Woodland Aria is one for the shortlist in the Sandringham Handicap, where Auction is another to note. She is on a roll and will relish a strongly run contest on quick ground, but Ed Dunlop’s filly is 8lb out of the handicap, which is extremely off-putting; these handicaps are competitive enough without gifting that kind of weight away.
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)