Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Saturday; Upswing in the Ascot 3.05. Compare odds and bet.
With the quick ground in his favour Mount Athos (3:05) is taken to land Saturday’s Hardwicke Stakes on the final day of Royal Ascot.
The six-year-old is undoubtedly better over further, but this doesn’t look the strongest of renewals and he swerved the Gold Cup with this race in mind.
He showed last August he’s up to this sort of level when winning the Geoffrey Freer in style at Newbury and, with Aiken, Ektihaam and Universal all capable of going from the front, there should be enough pace on to ensure this is enough of a test.
Ektihaam won nicely over course-and-distance last time, but was given a really good ride in my opinion and Jamie Spencer will surely be alive to a similar move. Luca Cumani’s charge is readily preferred and was available at 11/4 with Bet Victor and Boylesports on Friday night.
3:05 Royal Ascot Mount Athos
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)