Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Sunday; Main Sequence in the Pontefract 3.40. Compare odds and bet.
Pontefract stages a decent card on Sunday and the extended 1m4f maiden is well worth paying attention to, with both Dare To Achieve and The Welsh Wizard bumping in to smart colts last time.
The former was beaten by Thursday’s Royal Ascot winner Remote at Newbury, while the latter (who has been gelded since) was beaten by Libertarian here and he, of course, went on to land the Dante before finishing runner-up in the Derby.
The feature Pontefract Castle Stakes was won last year by Brown Panther who is clearly worthy of respect once again, but that came on his second outing of the season and Tom Dascombe’s five-year-old has needed his reappearance in each of the past two seasons.
With that in mind Main Sequence (3:40) is taken to get off the mark for the season, with the form of his Sandown second reading much better now.
Just ½ a length off Mukhadram in the Brigadier Gerard last month, the winner ran a blinder in the Prince Of Wales’s Stakes last week and third home, Miblish, also fared well in the same Group 1 contest.
With the cheek pieces applied and the step back up in trip in his favour, last year’s Derby runner-up is taken to score for the first time since he won the Lingfield Derby Trial last May. He was trading at 11/8 with Paddy Power last night.
3:40 Pontefract Main Sequence
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)