Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Tuesday; Baby Mix in the Newton Abbot 19:05. Compare odds and bet.
Newton Abbot stages a decent novices’ chase on Tuesday evening, where impressive debutant winners Kian’s Delight and Baby Mix (7:05) clash, with preference for the latter.
A classy hurdler on his day, Tom George’s grey looked good when scoring over course-and-distance earlier in the month and, while he wasn’t the most consistent performer over timber, it could be that he fulfils his promise over the larger obstacles.
Peter Bowen has his team in red-hot form, which is not unusual for the time of year, and Kian’s Delight was a useful hurdler himself. He cost his current owners £70,000 at the Newbury sales in March and he also made a pleasing start to his career over fences at Fakenham 23 days ago.
Add to the mix useful handicap hurdler Changing The Guard and you have the makings of a decent event for the time of year, but it will be disappointing if Baby Mix fails to build on the promise of his recent chase debut before going on to bigger and better things later in the year.
7:05 Newton Abbot: Baby Mix; evens Betvictor
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)