Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Thursday; Mister Pagan in the Newcastle 3.30. Compare odds and bet.
Neither Big Time Billy nor her trainer Peter Bowen could be in better form, so she is sure to be popular in the 2m handicap at Newcastle on Thursday, but Mister Pagan (3:30) rates a viable each-way alternative at 10/1 with Bet Victor overnight.
The five-year-old showed useful form in bumpers and, having finished fourth behind Bold Sniper at Thirsk on his debut on the Flat, he went on to land a 1m6f maiden at Ayr earlier this month.
The son of Sulamani ought to appreciate the step up in trip and a mark of 76 leaves scope for improvement, especially after just two starts under this code. He looks capable of going well under Graham Lee, who was aboard when scoring 22 days ago.
3:30 Newcastle: Mister Pagan; 10/1 @ betvictor
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)