Paul Ferguson has one selection for us on Wednesday; Ruscello in the Kempton 8:50. Compare odds and bet.
This evening’s 1m4f handicap at Kempton looks a cracking contest and, having finished third behind Opinion in the Duke Of Edinburgh at Royal Ascot last week, Ustura is a worthy market leader.
That race came just 11 days ago, however, and the son of Nayef will need to be pretty tough to back that up so quickly, despite this appearing a drop in grade. If running to the same level, he sets the standard.
Maiden course winner Seal Of Approval looks on a fair mark, on line through the filly she beat here in August, but this is tough place to start back and the inexperienced filly is also fitted with a hood, which is slightly off-putting after just two starts.
Harvard N Yale shaped well on return at Ascot but failed to back it up at Chester last time, while joint top-weight Bishop Roko is another who needs to improve on their most recent run, though Roger Charlton’s four-year-old looked good when winning a decent Newbury maiden last year.
That leaves course specialist Ruscello (8:50) who makes each-way appeal (opened up 10/1 with Bet365 last night) given his record both here and on this surface.
Ed Walker’s four-year-old is twice a winner here, latterly in handicap company off a mark of 84, and finished third here on his reappearance in April before disappointing behind First Mohican at the Dante meeting in May.
The rain softened ground would have been against him at York and the Cape Cross gelding, who in reunited with George Baker this evening, looks capable of a bold show at double-figure odds.
8:50 Kempton: Ruscello; 15/2 Paddy Power
Order Paul Ferguson’s Jumpers To Follow 2012-13
Available hot of the press on Oct 1 2012 – Only £9.95!
Send your name and address with a cheque payable to The Racing Insider for £9.95
The Racing Insider,
PO Box 98,
Liverpool L9 1WY
Last Year’s Book Results – Leading Prospects:
- SPRINTER SACRE – Unbeaten – winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- SIMONSIG – Winner at Aintree & Cheltenham
- CINDERS AND ASHES – 10/1 winner of Supreme Novices Hurdle
- BOBS WORTH – 9/2 winner of the RSA Chase
- MENORAH & SILVINIACO CONTI – Both Aintree Winners
- SIR DES CHAMPS – Unbeaten inc 3/1 Jewson Cheltenham Winner
- FINGAL BAY – Won 4 times inc Challow Hurdle
- RAYA STAR – 10/3 winner at Wetherby, 12/1 Ladbroke Hurdle winner, 15/2 Scottish Champion Hurdle winner
- AMBION WOOD – 14/1 EBF Final Sandown winner
- CHAMPION COURT – 6/1 G2 Dipper Novices Chase winner
- PALACE JESTER – 14/1 winner at FFos Las
- SWINCOMBE FLAME – Hat-trick winner inc Lanzarote Hurdle at 9/2
- TEAFOR THREE – 5/1 NH Cheltenham Chase winner (Manifesto Novices’ Chase)